Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Challenges...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProgramminFool

Technical User
Oct 26, 2003
CA
I'm not entirely new to C++, but I need 'general' help...

Instead of reading dry manuals and the like, I want to improve my skills by practising on simple programs. So my question to you is: do you have any challenges for me, or other fairly new programmers, to improve our skills?

Not Olympiad algorithims/Next Half-life/Another Office Suite, but simple stuff, like...well that's the problem, I can't think of many :) So go for it!

------------------------------
“Talent is cheap, dedication is expensive. It will cost you your life.”

Weird question. I can't tell you what YOU would like to do.

Do you want to go into 3d stuff, database stuff, small utility-tool kinda thingies, administrative applications, games, inter-computer communication, mathematical tools, stock chart analysis, textparsing, GUI fiddeling, etc?

Pick somehting that interest you and work somthing out.

/Per
[sub]
if (typos) cout << &quot;My fingers are faster than my brain. Sorry for the typos.&quot;;
[/sub]

I understand that it sounds pretty strange, so I'll tell you what I'm interested in.

I want to model protein structures (three dimensions), which is fairly ambitious for someone who has only programmed in C++ for 2 weeks...

So I decided not to say, &quot;How can I represent 3d electron distribution fields in C++&quot;, which would get a terrible response.

I want to work on my programming abilities seperately to begin with, and considering that I'd be hardpressed to represent anything in 2D unless it was an ASCII graphics console app, I thought this would be a good start.

I'm sorry if this has no place in the forum. :$

------------------------------
“Talent is cheap, dedication is expensive. It will cost you your life.”

search for RTFM and STFW in

Ion Filipski
1c.bmp

AIM: IonFilipski
filipski@excite.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor