Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Challenge... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheRealDeal

Technical User
Nov 16, 2001
US
I am not able to change a field to the lowercase "i". Weird huh! I can change the field with a query, but not in the table view... Please help. I can type a "i", I can type a "i" in any other application as well.

Make sure the Format property of the table field is empty John Ruff - The Eternal Optimist :)

I have many records within the table. In short, I can not change THIS particular field to a lowercase "i". I have checked the Format, the Mask, even virus scanned. FYI, I can change it to anything else though.

Make sure your auto correct property is set to no

I have noted that Access will not consider a change to an other case of the same data to be a change. You need to change it to something different, and then back to the original.

You can also run an update query to force the case change using the Format function to force he result to Upper.

There is an AutoCorrect 'feature' in Options...Check that
--Jim

:-D Great, great, great. The Tools\AutoCorrect was the culprit. There was an entry for a lowercase "i" to be changed to an uppercase "L". Thank you very much everyone for your suggests and resolution.

Real,
Now, that AutoCorrect exists in MS Word and Access, and is a feature that can be used or 'misused'. For instance, if you went into the Autocorrect table of one of your coworkers--who may have done some practical jokes on you in the past-- and set "I" to be corrected to "I think my boss is a Goof", that would be a case of misuse, so, far be it from me to want to spread the misuse of such a tool, so you should not do that. Also, you should not correct the word "Mr." with "The Honorable Moron". That would be wrong. I myself would never do such a thing, I'm just trying to prevent others from commiting such acts. ;-)
--Jim

Jim!

A star for such great ide... Oops! I mean such stern warnings! LOL

Jeff Bridgham
bridgham@purdue.edu

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back