Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CGI TIMEOUT / FILESIZE metabase changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

1DMF

Programmer
Jan 18, 2005
GB
I've tried before to set the CGI TIMEOUT metabase on the server so I can upload large files via the HTTP protocol, but it didn't seem to work.

Can anyone help me change ActiveState perl server settings on Windows IIS6 to allow large file uploads?

Thanks,
1DMF

"In complete darkness we are all the same, only our knowledge and wisdom separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you."

"If a shortcut was meant to be easy, it wouldn't be a shortcut, it would be the way!

Are you sure it's not the http server timing out? There is normally a 300s timeout by default.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[noevil]
Travis - Those who say it cannot be done are usually interrupted by someone else doing it; Give the wrong symptoms, get the wrong solutions;

possibly, how do I change it?

"In complete darkness we are all the same, only our knowledge and wisdom separates us, don't let your eyes deceive you."

"If a shortcut was meant to be easy, it wouldn't be a shortcut, it would be the way!

I don't have any IIS servers any more but I'm 99% sure that if you look at the IIS management console and you look at the properties for the website you should stumble across it.

[noevil]
Travis - Those who say it cannot be done are usually interrupted by someone else doing it; Give the wrong symptoms, get the wrong solutions;

stumble across it
another IT professional technical term ;-)

Well there were two setting, on the main website tab there was 'connection timeout' and a keep http alive box which is ticked.

I change the 120 seconds to 600

Then on the Home Directory -> Application Configuration -> Options

There is a session timeout already set to 20mins, so it can't be that..

I've chnaged the ASP script time out to 600 secs.

But this is PERL not ASP were talking so is it likely to make any differece?

The connection time out is the max amount of time for a single connection to your http server. I just loaded IIS to see where the setting was and mine defaulted to 900seconds.

[noevil]

hmm, ours was set to 2 minutes, yours is @ 15 minutes.

I'll make mine 15 too then ;-)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back