Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CGI.pm file upload problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

gremolin

Programmer
Oct 3, 2002
BG
I have problem with uploading files with CGI.pm. When I use $cgi->param(‘file_to_upload’) I got back as value the name of the file. But in the documentation it is written that the return value is a reference to file manipulator. I think that I couldn’t just open a file with the name which I receive as a return value, as long as this file is located on the client’s machine. And when I use the recommended in the manual function $cgi->upload(‘file_to_upload’) I receive back non-defined value. Could some one explain me how to upload files through CGI.pm. I use perl 5.6.0, CGI.pm version is 2.56, OS is Linux RedHat 7.1 Webserver is Apache. Thanks a lot J

see faq219-406 and come back with any questions 'hope this helps

If you are new to Tek-Tips, please use descriptive titles, check the FAQs, and beware the evil typo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back