Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CGI-PERL Software error-solution pls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

naive43

Technical User
Feb 19, 2004
US
I have a CGI-Perl application running on our ISP's server where my website is hosted. It was running fine until one fine day when it stopped working and gave a "Software Error: Modification of a read-only value attempted at filename.cgi line:xxx" . I checked that line and found that it was not a read-only value and even for argumental reasons, if that be a read-only value, my question is how did it work so far without any problem. I am unable to find any solution for this. I would greatly appreciate, if somebody could guide me thru and get this issue thru.
Thanks,
naive43

Sounds like your ISP has changed the rules on you. You should be talking to them!

There's always a better way. The fun is trying to find it!

tviman is right here by the sounds of it

Check your ISP's news area to see what they've updated lately

Sounds like it might be a 'taint' problem

--Paul

It's important in life to always strike a happy medium, so if you see someone with a crystal ball, and a smile on their face ...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back