Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CGI. HTTP_REFERER

Status
Not open for further replies.

doyle9732

Programmer
Apr 12, 2002
CA
For the first time, I am doing a CF application for the internet....previously I had the luxury of only working on intranets with a captured, accountable audience, so security wasn't a huge issue.

I've written an application that is an adoption application split into 9 pages. The error checking is in one file and the page number is passed in the url. Now it occurs to me that there is nothing stopping a user from changing the page number and jumping ahead in the process.

I know I use the CGI. HTTP_REFERER to check for this, infact I remember using it to stop a 'rebel' intranet user, but I'm no longer at that place of business and don't have access to that code. I've googled CGI. HTTP_REFERER but can seem to find what I'm looking for.

thanks!
Stephanie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back