Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cgi e-mail script

Status
Not open for further replies.

grayliner

Programmer
Feb 2, 2002
US
ok so i want to make a little pop-up cgi script, that when someone clicks on a link on my site a little window will pop up (that is not the question, just back ground info on what i'm doing) and in that window i want to load a cgi-script that will have a basic e-mail form so someone can send me an e-mail without having to go through their own e-mail provider. how do i go about doing this, or is it even possible?

Basically, it's just the same as for html pop up message. Instead of linking the page to a html link, you let it link it to a cgi script. That's it!

On load:
window.open("popup.cgi", "pop", "width=310 height=340,scrollbars=no,menubar=no")

If you don't know how to create a pop up message, Javascript is the right forum.

Hope this helps!

it did and it didn't, i guess i'm looking for the script to send the e-mail. i know it involves cgi of somekind, but that someone can send me an e-mail, through this pop-up window, and now have to open up their e-mail server to do it.

Try this for your email:

[tt]
use Mail::Mailer # or try Mail::Sendmail...whatever you have on your system.
$mymailer = Mail::Mailer->new('smtpgate.info.here');

$mymailer->open({
From => $emailfrom,
To => $emailto,
Subject => "Email subject"
})
or die "Did not work: $!\n";

print $mymailer "$messagetext";

$mymailer->close();

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search