Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cgi-bin alias in IIS 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

oucweb

Programmer
Jan 25, 1999
CA
I'm in the process of upgrading our server from IIS 3.0 to 4.0, and I'm unable to create the cgi-bin alias on the new system; when I attempt to do so, it is automatically renamed as 'cgi-bin2'. I've read elsewhere that if you remove the Execute permissions from the cgi-bin alias that already exists by default, that you can then remove the default alias. However, I can't even locate the default 'cgi-bin' alias in the MMC in order to make any changes to it. Has anyone else come across this problem? If so, how have you solved/worked around it? <br>
<br>
Thanks, <br>
Mason Macklem<br>
Okanagan University College

This problem stems in part from the fact that IIS3 stores info in teh registry and IIS4 stores it in teh metabase. The conversion from one to the other will sometimes leave remnents in the registry. <br>
<br>
I would try using the metabase editor that comes in the IIS resource kit to check the metabase for the mapping that is giving you problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back