Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CGI and NW 6.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

coben

Instructor
Apr 16, 2002
US
I couldn't find a NW 6.5 group so let me toss this out here. I've installed NW 6.5 with AMPP. I've changed my document root to web:/apache2/html/ and the scriptalias to web:/apache2/cgi-bin/. I also changed the shebang line in my cgi script to #!/usr/local/bin/perl. I uploaded my website using Dreamweaver MX's ftp and then ftp'd the cgi script I'm using to the web:/apache2/cgi-bin directory.

The site works by sending some data via the link (get method) to a cgi script which then validates the incoming data, opens several files which are stored in arrays. The incoming data is then substituted in the open files and output to the browser as an html document.

The website works fine for normal html files. However, when I click on a link to go to a page processed by the cgi script I get the following error:

"The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request.
Error message: The server encountered an internal error and was unable to complete your request. Either the server is overloaded or there was an error in a CGI script."

Does anyone have any ideas as to what I'm not doing?
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back