Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CFXA Question/CS 1000E

Status
Not open for further replies.

2newphoneguys

Technical User
Oct 12, 2010
US
I have a CS 1000E that will not let any phone forward to the voice mail dn unless cfxa is defined in class of service. This is highly unusual to have to define call forwarding this way because it opens up the possibility of abusive practices by the users. Does anyone have any idea how or why this might have been configured like this during installation and what the fix might be?

did you use to have a 3rd party off site VM system and now you don't??

Mato' Was'aka

Thanks BigIndian, the voice mail system this site uses iS at our main branch, so centralized voicemail is what they have. This problem arose after the main PBX was upgraded and the problem site got its own PBX. Before when everything was routing through the main sites PBX this was never an issue. Since the installation of the individual PBX's (for fail safe purposes, so everything would not be lost should the main PBX ever fail) it has been a problem, but the voice mail system is still being used. Is there any other information I could provide that might help give light to issue?

How does the call get between the sites, is it a CDP over a point to point circuit or some other method?

TRVLR1 I will verify we are using a CDP or not, but point to point for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back