Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CFXA not working when dialing from one site to another via extension:

Status
Not open for further replies.

hardybacon

Technical User
Nov 21, 2013
US
I have compared the redirection settings (RDR) & CFF is set and they are the same. One site works the fine. The other does not. I have looked at the RDB & sets along with the NET. I have found this in the past but I am drawing a blank now. Any thoughts? If I dial an extension located in a California Office that has that set \ extension forwarded externally from a KC Office, I get a busy signal but not the other way around which works fine.

Look at these settings and see if they jog your memory

LD 15 REQ: CHG
TYPE: NET_DATA
DITI = YES
EXTT = YES
FTOP = FTLY

LD 15 REQ: RDR_DATA
CFTA = NO

LD 49 FCR
CNRO 0
INIT = ALOW

Thanks. I have looked into those settings. It appears I have to add a 1 to allow it. When dialing from a San Francisco Phone test phone to a KC phone that is forward to 9816xxxxxxx, I get a recording that says I have to dial 0 or 1 in front of the call. Works fine, if the forward is set a long distance. Something new. Not sure how this came about.

If anyone has any thoughts on how to remove the need to make the cfxa forward a long distance call when dialing from one site to another such as a KC user dialing a San Fran extension and having to be forwarded as 91415xxxxxxx, let me know. - Thx

I believe the reason we now have to use Long Distance has to do with the CLID number that is showing up since we starting converting to SIP. We have to out pulse the number based on site or extension, not as what is coming out the local trunks for SIP. That seems to fit the issue to a T incase someone else runs into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back