Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CFW to external number

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattwc1

Technical User
Jun 29, 2002
US
I have a SL1 switch , with a SL1 phone
TGAR 0
NCOS 6
CLS UNR CFXA
Key 00 SCR XXXX DID
Key 06 CFW 12
When we forward to an external local number (9 XXX XXXX) sta to sta calls will forward . External calls coming in on the DID get a pause and then a fast busy . WE can call this number directly from this phone .I did a TRAC and the DID call came in on
RMBR 0 5
TYPE DID
NCOS 0
When you call that external number we are trying to forward to it goes out on
RLI 1
SDRR NONE
ITEI NONE

RLI 1
ENTR 0
LTRE NO
ROUT 1
FRL 1
DMI 0

Also NCOS 0=FRL 0,NCOS 1=FRL 1,NCOS 6=FRL 6
The customer says this call forward used to work , but how could it if a call comes in on FRL 0 and tries to leave on FRL 1 ?

Double check on the LD 17 cfta, ccfwdn and ld 10 or ld 11 cls Cfxa.

Check in LD10 or LD11 CLS FBA(FBD) (Call forward busy for DID calls)

what rls of M1 you have? there is a plug-in 27 for DID to DID connection in 25.40 and patch for older rls.

You may want to check the opt setting in your RDR data block. I had a similar problem and I administered opt CFF in the RDR data block. Here's the thread that helped me.

thread798-589777

CFO is Call forward using the NCOS/TGAR of the originating caller, so check your trunks to see what there NCOS/TGAR is. Or change CFO to CFF which is call forward using the NCOS/TGAR of the phone that is call forwarded to the cell phone.

OK I figured it out . All the programing was right .CFXA and CFF were in programing . Dialing out of this system (dial 9) goes out RLI 1 , Route 1 . It's a group of 18 COT trunks . I've made lots of calls out of this switch and never failed to get outside dial tone and the customer never complained about it either . Member 18 was defective to the local phone company . When we dialed 9 for a line out , we always got dial tone . But when we put in 9 xxx xxxx on a call forward button and called this dn from the outside it would grab member 18 which was defective , the call wouldn't go thru and we would get a fast busy . If we called that same dn from another dn the external forward would work . I outed member 18 from route 1 until it's repaired and now everything works fine . Live and learn . From now on I'll check the trunks before I start looking at programing .

You didn't have to out the trunk, you could have Disabled it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back