Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cfupdate error 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

eladi

Programmer
Sep 4, 2001
AU
Hi all,

I'm creating a CMS for a client. All was fine so far, I've created several forms to change certain sectors - but now suddenly I have a problem with one form, although I believe that I did it similar to the other forms. When I execute the page the following error occurs:

Syntax error in CFUPDATE-command

The details read:

update aufenthaltsferien_ort set LAND= (param 1) ,BILD2= (param 2) ,TEXT= (param 3) ,BILD1= (param 4) ,ORT= (param 5) where ID= (param 6)

I checked the DB if one of the fields has a wrong setting, but they are ok. The form itself isn't something special - some textfields and a hidden field for the ID. The CF-Code in the Update-Page reads as follows:

<CFUPDATE datasource=&quot;hornerD&quot; tablename=&quot;aufenthaltsferien_ort&quot;>

I just don't see the error.

Tnx in advance.
Adrian

I had the exact same thing happen to me before. The problem is probably with cfupdate itself, and nothing wrong with your code. Both the cfupdate and cfinsert are considered somewhat unstable and it is HIGHLY recommended (by Macromedia and most CF developers) that the actual SQL statements be used for updates and inserts. Mainly for the reasons that you are seeing now. The applications work great for a while, then they break for no reason, and the next day they may be working again. This has literally happened to me before. Trying using the SQL update instead of the cfupdate and I'll bet your form will work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back