Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CFTREE dynamically size page?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwhitmore

IS-IT--Management
May 14, 2008
US
I'm able to get cftree working, but it looks like you have to set the vertical and horizontal sizes? How can I use this control and allow it to dynamically change the vertical size of the page when someone expands or collapses the tree?

height and width are optional.

Lyndon

---People Remember about 10% of what you say ---They never forget how you made them feel. Covey

If I don't specify the vertical size of the cftree it runs into the content below if my cftree has a lot of items in it.

How is it placed on the page? Do you have it in a DIV element?

Lyndon

---People Remember about 10% of what you say ---They never forget how you made them feel. Covey

If your form elements were in a div or table they would float when the innerHTML changes...

Lyndon

I've never used div or cfdiv, but I'm assuming all I need is <div>ctree and cftreeitems...</div>
???

I usually put my forms in tables, old school I know, and they expand/contract to fit dynamic content.

I'm sure the div tag will do the same. You may have to research the div tags style properties if it does not expand/contract automatically.

Lyndon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back