Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CfScheduler for Auction

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nomad2

Programmer
Aug 30, 2002
US
I am developing an auction site. Most probably using Cfscheduler Feature by Coldfusion. However, even when I made a simple file to be run to print out date and time in a text file every 2 minutes, it does not seem to work. Why? I have access@to the CF Administrator (using Win CF 4.5) where I made the setting. However if, I click on the RUN button, it can execute but does not the scheduled task.

Back to me auction program, the batch will run every day at 12 am , 12pm and 6 pm (three batched run). How do I make the setting, so that all other transaction that involves the auction stops which the batch is run? Will there be a lack time during which the batch is run.

Please provide me a snippet of the code.

Thanks.

If you have access to the admin be sure the radio button for daily every "" is checked and filled in. (you probobally have that part OK)

It may be a better test if you have the template that you are using for a test send you an email, it generates a lot of email, but for development it is nice to see the "times" that it works.

I am afraid I am not familiar with the batch you are refering to, so I may not be of much assistance on that second part...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back