Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cfquery is much slower on virtual dedicated server vs. shared host

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucidtech

IS-IT--Management
Jan 17, 2005
US
I am trying to move my site from a shared hosting account to a Virtual Dedicated server. Everything is working perfectly except that query response times are terrible on the new virtual dedicated server, which seems counter-intuitive to me. The servers are using two different database servers, but all the data is the same, indexes the same, etc. I have updated to the latest Java JDK and pointed Coldfusion to use the new Java, still no better. I've played around with maintaining database connections in the Coldfusion Datasource setup, doesn't seem to help either. Any one have any more ideas?

Used getTickCount, ran the same query with the same data on both servers.... the shared host gets a result of 150 or less ms. The new virtual dedicated server, over 300 ms everytime.

I also just ran the same query directly from the database server itself using Navicat.. got a query response time of 92 ms. Something with CF is definitely causing the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back