Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CFMX WDDX Serialization Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

shiningblade

Programmer
Jan 25, 2002
CA
When serializing a rather large structure I am having numbers (e.g. 1.8) being changed (e.g. 1.799999999532) for not apparent reason. I have double checked the structure and the packet and the number is definitely being changed during the serialization. Deserializing does not change it back either.

Any help would be great.

Jude

I doubt that there is anything that you can do about this. A possible work-around is to ship the data as a string and then convert it back to a float at the other end.

As it turns out, we have some java that is creating the hashmap that becomes the structure. To get around the problem we found that casting all the values in the hashmap to strings then building the table works ok. I don't get why serialization causes a change in the actual values when they are numbers. Oh well...

Using a Java engine has made CFMX sometimes act like it's a M$ product. I find it is trying to be intuitive at times but just does not get it right. [laser]

Thanks,

Jude

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back