Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CFMX Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave3462

Technical User
Mar 27, 2003
US
I just installed CFMX on a WindowsXP Pro workstation w/IIS, and am receiving the following error msg in the system log.
The ColdFusion MX Application Server service terminated with service-specific error 2 (0x2).
Has anybody got the answer to why?

thanks for any help

Dave

While I'm not familiar with this specific error code that you posted and without knowing exactly what the message in the event log, etc was or what your system configuration is, I *was* able to find the following information on the MS Technet site.

Try these two links to see if they are of any use:

Sorry I didn't get back sooner. Thanks for the links. Both turned out to be dead ends. I still haven't fixed the problem, but I haven't had time to get back to it lately.
Dave

This may help - in return, I have a question...
My CFML setup under IIS was and is working great. As soon as I try to move the server's JRE folder out of it's default path, I get the error.

How does one change the Cold Fusion MX server's configured default path to it's JRE folder?

Thanx,
John Bonifas
Programmer/Analyst
The Boeing Co.

...Figured out how to move the ColdFusion JRE.

1. Stop all ColdFusion Services

2. Modify the path in the JVM.CONFIG file; it can't be
more than 1 level up from the BIN and LIB subfolders,
and can't have any spaces

3. Modify the following Registry key values:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Macromedia\Install
Data\ColdFusion MX:JVMDIR
Also all installed shared installer component paths;
wouldn't hurt to re-register them as well

4. Modify the JAVA_HOME environment variable

5. Restart Cold Fusion Services

Status