Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CFMAIL not configuring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

markSaunders

Programmer
Jun 23, 2000
GB
Am running CF Server 5 on win2k sp3

I have two seemingly identical installations of cf server 5 (one development, one live) - both on the same domain.

the cf application service is running as local account (on both machines) as are all other cf and IIS(5) services.

i have a number of bad mail and am unable to send mail from the live application. the development server continues to function.

i have tried CDONTS on the live server and this works fine.

i have moved various 'bad' mails from the bad directory to the spool directory, only for them to be moved back into the bad directory

any ideas of where to look would be very much appreciated?

cheers
Mark Mark Saunders :)

the error message is

Failed to send the spooled mail file, C:\CFusionServer\Mail\spool\2E4.cfmail. SMTP server replied "Unable to connect to mail server." Moved file to C:\CFusionServer\Mail\undelivr\2E7.cfmail

and i have checked the Verify Mail Server Connection when configuring the email which duly informs me ColdFusion connected to your server. Verification completed without error. Mark Saunders :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back