Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CFMail Issue - Messages Stuck in Spool Folder

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike2277

Programmer
Mar 25, 2002
US
Hi everyone,

I have been using an application that has the ability to allow users to send email. The application is four years old now and I've never had any trouble until recently when I switched over to a new server. I'm running MX 6.1 and Windows Server 2003. I was using MX 6.1 and Windows Server 2000 before. I don't think that has anything to do with it.

Each day I go into the CFusionMX\Mail\Spool directory and notice that there are sometimes a few messages that are "stuck" in there. They won't send until I restart the ColdFusion services.

We're only sending about 100 messages a day so volume shouldn't be an issue.

I've noticed in the past that when you send an email you see it as a txt file in the spool folder for about 2-3 seconds but then it disappears once it gets sent. But now they will remain in the Spool forever unless I restart ColdFusion services.

Any ideas?

Mike

So it's not sending any email? All messages get to the spool and stop or just some of them?

Hope This Helps!

ECAR
ECAR Technologies, LLC

"My work is a game, a very serious game." - M.C. Escher

Most go through just fine. Just a few each day get stuck. Normally if something's wrong with the email addresses it tries to send them via spool then puts them into the Undelvr folder where they remain.

Looking at those that get stuck in spool though it appears that they from and to email addresses seem fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back