Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CFMAIL - attachment to TO field only and not CC field

Status
Not open for further replies.

aliashippysmom

Programmer
Jul 29, 2004
US
Hi everyone:

Is it possible to have a CFMAIL tag with an attachment which will send the attachment only to those in the TO field and NOT in the CC field. The CC field would only get the email and NOT the attachment.

My gut tells me that the answer is 'no'.

Hope this makes sense, thanks, and have a great day!

Your gut is right.

If you're using ONE <cfmail> tag with both the TO and CC attribute then whatever is in the mail body (text, attachments, etc) go to everyone.

Why not split the <cfmail> instead? The <cfmail> would go to the all the TO recipient's with the attachment, and the second <cfmail> would go to all the CC recipient's without the attachment.

Yes, that's what I'm doing...sending two different e-mails. Thanks!!!

What you might want to do first check and make sure the 1st e-mail actually went out. The last thing you want is the initial e-mail with the attachment not get sent but the 2nd e-mail did. This will cause major confusion down the road.

You can set a defualt var to false and then in the 1st e-mail goes out, set that var to true. Then <cfif> over that var to make sure only to send the 2nd mail if the defualt var so true.

You can also create a UID which can be used as a reference number to ensure the attachment e-mail went out and how you can refer to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back