Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cfmail and yahoo

Status
Not open for further replies.

lucidtech

IS-IT--Management
Jan 17, 2005
US
I have a mailing function setup using the CFMAIL tag. I have tested this countless times with my gmail account with no problems. Today I tried it with both a yahoo account and a college email account, and it didn't go through to either. has anyone else experienced problems like this?

Does the mail go into the spam folder or it never arrives?

What domain is the senders' e-mail coming from? Maybe Yahoo and/or the college e-mail server's are blocking the mails?

This may not do the trick but might shed some light. Wrap your <cfmail> code between <cftry><cftcatch> tags and and do a <cfdump> of the result. See if anything wacky is going on. If that fails, in Yahoo check your "spam" filter and see if that can cause the issue.

I found the problem... I had a name in the 'grom' tag instead of an e-mail address. I'm not sure why it worked with Gmail and not yahoo, but whatever. Only problem now is that the e-mail address shows up in the Sender field of my inbox, rather than the display name for that e-mail address.

Thank you so much for the tip! It worked perfectly!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back