Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CFLDAP Modify query

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulSc

MIS
Aug 21, 2000
GB
Hi, am after a bit of help/assistance please..

My client has a CF telephone contact system based on CFLDAP Query's to retrieve profile info and following some tweaking we can now retrieve info from the whole tree level

however we also have an update facility where once the user provides their password again the updates are applied via the MODIFY action on CFLDAP.

My problem though is whilst at the Query level, you can scan down various OU's, the modify requires the physical OU path
and our Ad setup has

TopLevel
- test users
- live users
- new users
- new gold users
- new silver users
- old users

etc

Code harcoded to cn="#userid#,ou=new gold users, ou=Toplevel,dc=..." etc works ok, however

Does anyone know of there is a way using QUERY to return the OU (CN) "path" back so that we could populate the update as required?

i.e user fred is in TopLevel - New users - new gold users
but bill is in Toplevel - Live users

So we could have cn="#userid#,ou=#oupath#, ou=Toplevel,dc=..." etc

without having to code cfcatch/try/loops to go through every level especially as this structure is fairly fluid..??

Also as an aside does anyone know how to grab the CFLDAP error codes so if I say get a code24 I know ifs id not found try the next group etc??

Thanks in advance

PaulSc.

Update..may have been able to answer my own question..

CFLDAP Query returns an attribute of distinguishedName
which contains the full AD path.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back