Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CFINPUT Info: validateAt='onserver'

Status
Not open for further replies.

waderironman

Programmer
Nov 17, 2007
Hi,
I am reading up on ColdFusion and I have a good idea about how cfforms work. For instance, I know that if I set validateAt to 'onSubmit' on a cfinput tag, ColdFusion will automatically create JavaScript to validate the form client side. So upon the form being passed to the server, ColdFusion will add an onsubmit event handler to the form. My question is this: if I set validateAt to 'onServer', will ColdFusion add an onsubmit event handler to the form? A follow up question is if I create and set an onsubmit validate form function manually, and ColdFusion adds an onsubmit event handler due to the validateAt tag of a cfinput, will my manual onsubmit validate form function call be overwritten? Thanks in advance for any help.

Installing the dev version on your local host and trying it for yourself is the best way to learn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back