Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CFI: browse/retention policy

Status
Not open for further replies.

promml

Technical User
Sep 6, 2002
AT
I have configured a group of clients, with a browse and retention policy of one month. But the client file index, which is saved together with the client, has a retention policy of a quarter. So it lasts 3 month until the tape can be recycled.

How can I configure the browse/retention policy for the CFI, so that all saveset on that tape have the same browse and retention policy.

Is your Networker Server one of the clients you defined as one month/one month?
If so it should be ok.
If not, change this client.

No, the Networker Server does not belong to this group of clients.

the configuration is as followed:

group A (pool A), where the NW-Server belongs to. Data of these clients are very important and should be kept for 3 month.

group B (pool B), with less important clients. Data should only be kept for 1 month.

group C (pool C) and D (pool D): same as group B

The recycling cycle of all clients are OK, except the CFI of group B, C and D.
So, how can I tell the CFI-savesets for the clients in group B, C and D that they also expire after 1 month.

I cant see why this sould bee a problem for you. If there are index-savesets from group B,C & D in pool A, the only problem is that you have used some tape more tape than you really need..... Index's is so small and don't take much space on a tape so why bother...

If savesets from group A is located in pool B or C.... then you have some real problem.....

the index are related to the server configuration and on them is automatically applied the more higher browse/retention time they have.
(If you have two client of the server, one with week and other one with month, the index are saved at month policy)
A solution is to create a pool of cartridge dedicated to save only index saveset, so the normal saveset and the index saveset is not on the some cartridge, and you can recycle normally your tapes.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back