Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CFFTP - SCP

Status
Not open for further replies.

TamedTech

IS-IT--Management
May 3, 2005
GB
Hello Guys,

I have an FTP site I want to post files to from a ColdFusion interface, I understand that there is the nifty little CF FTP commands which would usualy suite my requirements, but the host i'm connecting to uses SCP (Secure Copy) protocols rather than standard FTP.

Has anyones achieved this in CF?

Thanks,

Rob

OK, So another update, it would appear that my remote host will also accept connections from SFTP which i'm sure will be easier to achieve.

From my knowledge SFTP is the same as standard FTP but through an SSH tunnel.

I am on shared hosting plan so creating SSH tunnels isnt really all that simple, so does anyone know of any customer tags of CFC's available that might achieve this for me?

Thanks,

Rob

Thanks Phillhege,

As I suspected there isn't any simple way around this, after reading a little today there seems to be a large cry out to Macromedia to incorperate these protocols in the next release, so i'll have to wait untill then.

For not I think I'll have my site FTP files to my local windows server and then just run my own internal batch process's nightly to transfer them onto my box through SCP.

It's a little sloppy but will save me alot of coding, and it also alows me to keep a local backup of the files.

Rob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back