Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CFFILE; Change picture size?; Max File Size?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hpvic03

Technical User
Aug 2, 2006
I'm trying to let a user upload a picture to my website. It works fine right now, I just want to add a few things. I am using cffile and an access database.

I want to know if there is a way to make a maximum file size that the user can upload, as someone could upload a 20mb picture and waste a lot of space. I want a max of about 4mb.

Also, is there a way to change the picture size? All the pictures are placed using CSS so that their width is fixed, and the height auto-adjusts. But big pictures turn out funny; they look kind of sharp. The size adjusts perfectly, it's just the resolution that looks odd. If you click "view image", it opens up in a new page and the picutre is really big. Anyway, does anyone know how to fix this so I can save space and make them look better.

Thanks in advance,

Vic

Here is a link to great image upload tutorial. This website has tons of great tutorials for nearly everything you need to do in CF

the cgi.content_length is what will check the size of the file. As far as displaying it better, there are several tutorials that help out with image galleries, but I haven't looked into them yet. Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back