Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cfchart not working at hosting co.

Status
Not open for further replies.

biosol

MIS
Mar 12, 2002
US
Hi,
After almost finishing my cfchart'ed reports I wanted to test them on the web hosting (shared) server. The charts don't show in either 'flash' or 'jpg' format. The space is there when in 'flash' format. I've sent the hosting co. this tip I found on the MM site <<Note that for IIS shared hosting environments, the /jrunscripts/ virtual directory mapping must exist (with Execute rights) for every website that wants to use CFCHART. The mapping typically points to CFusionMXruntimelibwsconfig1>>

They say they've done this, but still doesn't work. The site is on a shared Win2003 server with CFMX.

Does anyone have any tips I can pass alone to the hosting co.?

Thanks

I'm not sure if you really have to use a virtual directory, I can't remember if we did or not. I work for a hosting comapny and we ran into this prob with someone else. We enabled sandbox security on the account and then gave access to some dir's

Path should be simliar to this:

C:\CFusionMX\runtime\servers\default\SERVER-INF\temp\-
C:\CFusionMX\runtime\servers\default\SERVER-INF\temp\

Also this path:
C:\CFusionMX\charting\cache
C:\CFusionMX\charting\cache\-

with full access to those directories.

Hope that helps.

try this thread.

thread232-910973

If you don't ask the right questions, you don't get the right answers. A question asked in the right way often points to its own answer. Asking questions is the ABC of diagnosis. Only the inquiring mind solves problems.

-Quote by Edward Hodnett

Great, thanks. I'll pass these on to the hosting co. and see if they can get it working tomorrow.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back