Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

cfchart formatting x axis labels

Status
Not open for further replies.

doco

Programmer
Sep 28, 2000
GB
Hi All,

How do i format the date on the x axis of cfchart so it truncates the date. at present it shows:

2005-01-01 00:00:00 but in the vertical plane

microsoft access database

<cfquery datasource="innovation" name="qryMnnthTotalIdeas">

SELECT COUNT(*) AS Total_Ideas, Entrydate FROM tblIdea
WHERE tblIdea.Entrydate between #createODBCDate(start)# and #createODBCdate(end)#
GROUP BY tblIdea.Entrydate
ORDER BY tblIdea.Entrydate
</cfquery>

thanks, chris

Take a look at the DateFormat ColdFusion function

“I sense many useless updates in you... Useless updates lead to fragmentation... Fragmentation leads to downtime...Downtime leads to suffering..Fragmentation is the path to the darkside.. DBCC INDEXDEFRAG and DBCC DBREINDEX are the force...May the force be with you" --

Nope think i tried that i.e

SELECT COUNT(*) AS Total_Ideas, DateFormat(Entrydate) FROM tblIdea
WHERE tblIdea.Entrydate between #createODBCDate(start)# and #createODBCdate(end)#
GROUP BY tblIdea.Entrydate
ORDER BY tblIdea.Entrydate

Threw an error

<cfchartseries type="Bar" query="qryMnnthTotalIdeas" itemcolumn="#DateFormat(Entrydate,'mm/dd/yyyy')#"

“I sense many useless updates in you... Useless updates lead to fragmentation... Fragmentation leads to downtime...Downtime leads to suffering..Fragmentation is the path to the darkside.. DBCC INDEXDEFRAG and DBCC DBREINDEX are the force...May the force be with you" --

Thanks Denis, that has worked a treat! you have made my wet and windy afternoon in liverpool - much brighter :)

chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back