Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CFA Override? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MitelInMyBlood

Technical User
Apr 14, 2005
US
Is there a Feature Access Code (or similar means) that would allow an internal caller (UCXN for example) to override Call-fwd Always on a specific DN?

The need I'm trying to address is where someone has set their phone to CFA but still wants to receive calls that come in via a call handler.

Thanks!!

Original MUG/NAMU Charter Member

Instead of using CFA use the CF Internal/External..then if the user doesn't want to answer the call, they can just hit iDivert.

Unfortunately that's not an option.

I have a group of approx 20 users who, for reasons that are not mine to question, have asked for this capability. They want **ALL DIRECT CALLS** to their DN to **NOT** ring their phone, but rather go immediately to voice mail **EXCEPT** for calls which route to them by virtue of having come through a particular Call Handler. (They previously had this capability on their former phone system - that feature was aptly named "Call Forward Override" and was accessed via a dialed 2-digit feature code).

I had thought of simply giving them a 2nd "dummy" DN on their phones to send the Call Handler calls to. This might work, but it burns a line appearance, which are not in plentiful supply on Cisco phones to start with.

I think I may be able to force **external** calls directly into their voice mail with a translation rule on the gateway router, but this doesn't handle **internal** calls, nor does it give the user the ability to turn off their CFA forwarding at will to resume normal operation.

Original MUG/NAMU Charter Member

Sounds like the best bet is to do what you said. Give them an internal extension for just that and keep the DID going to voicemail. You dont need a call handler for the internal DN.

I am sure you could do what youre trying to do with UCCX...but thats a lot of work for just this.

Put each phone in their own hunt group. Have the call handler transfer to the hunt group phone rings. I have unity so I do an alternate extension in vm and if no answer goes to the same mailbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back