Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CFA Destination Override

Status
Not open for further replies.

watchdovr

Technical User
Oct 6, 2010
US
If i change the CFA destination overide- location = system/service parameter config/clusterwide parameters(feature-hold reversion)/cfa destination overide, from false to true, will it reboot/restart the server?

UCM System version: 7.1.3.32900-4

I want to be able to forward a phone and have the caller go to the mailbox of the extension being forwarded to.
Is there a way to do this on a "per phone" basis or is it a system wide change?

Unfortunately it is a system-wide parameter.
We ran into the same problem trying to use a CTI Route Point as the forwarding device.
The workaround was ugly. We ended up transferring the call to the external 10-digit number thus letting it hair-pin through the LEC and come back in looking like an external call.

That worked, but had its own set of caveats, the ugliest among them:
1. the destination party was no longer able to CFA their DN directly to voice mail. The hair-pinned call would only find its way into the desired mailbox via CFNA or iDivert.

In our application the end user was wanting to use the CTI RP as a steering mechanism for their on-call support team, letting team members change the CFA via the CCMUser web gui. Rather than forward to their cell phones, the users wanted to forward the CTI RP to their internal DNs and then let the caller leave a message in their respective voice mail (whoever was on-call). Each team member's mailbox was then set up to perform outcall notification, so they could pick up the (hopefully brief) message without spending 10 minutes on a call with the client at 3 AM.

Original MUG/NAMU Charter Member

If the phone being called is always forwarded to the same number, you may be able to do a VoiceMail profile. Say extension 123 is always forwarded to extension 456. Create a new Partition, put it in a new CSS that includes the VMailPilot PT and the new PT. Put the CSS on the CFA information field of ext 123. Build a CTI port and put extension 456 in the new PT on it. Then on the CTI port, CFA to Vmail and add a VoiceMail profile of 456. When someone calls 123 it is CFA to the new 456 CTI port and the VoiceMail profile will overide the 123 original dialed number and the caller will go to VMail of 456. And others can still call the 456 in the original PT without any problems. Only the 123 CFA setting contains a CSS with the new PT in it.

If the original phone is CFA to multiple numbers, just repeat. If the original 123 phone is CFA to vmail, the callers will still go to 123 mailbox. This would only come into play when it is specifically CFA to the new CTI Port.

the user only wanted an announcement after the call was forwarded not go to a voice mailbox.
I tried to set this up without making a "system" change as the change would not have allowed callers to be able to dial or be transfered directly to a mailbox.(I tested this)
I was able to set the line to be forwarded to an announcement/script in UCCX.
This worked.
Thanks everyone for there help and input.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back