Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CF Installation Problem, "Save CFM File"

Status
Not open for further replies.

powahusr

Technical User
Jan 22, 2001
US
I recently tried upgrading my CF installation from CF Server 5, to 6.1 MX. Everything seemed to go ok but when I access the CF Admin Page; my browser prompted me to download save the “.cfm” file that I was trying to view.

I then uninstalled 6.1 and reinstalled CF 5 Server and experienced the same problem with the prompt for downloading whatever “.cfm” file I tried to download. I looked in IIS Default Web Site properties, and discovered that “.cfm” was not registered in the “Application Mappings”. I went ahead and registered it (C:\CFusion\Bin\ISCF.DLL).

After this change I restarted the IIS, then my pc. Now, when I try to view a “.cfm” page, I received a “The page cannot be displayed” WITHOUT the prompt to download the page I was trying to view.

Running:
Windows XP Pro
CF 5 Server
IIS 5.1

Any suggestion on how to get this thing to work, I would like to get it back to CF 5 for the time being?

Thanks in advance!

sounds like the administer services aren't running properly.

If you don't ask the right questions, you don't get the right answers. A question asked in the right way often points to its own answer. Asking questions is the ABC of diagnosis. Only the inquiring mind solves problems.

-Quote by Edward Hodnett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back