Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CF card back up for CS1000 PIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

cable_bunny

Technical User
Sep 30, 2022
SA
Hi Gents,
I would like to create a new CF backup for our CS1000 PIV system. I read some discussions here that sandisk CF card is recommended. Can I possibly use other brand name for backup? I look in the local market and for sandisk 32g is available. No lower than this.
Please help.

you can use just about make as long as it works, I am not sure on Rls 6 what size is supported possibly 2Gb but put it in and format it from PDT (formatCf2 0) see if you can access and copy a file to it.

Thanks bignose21. What I mean is Im planning to buy a blank sandisk CF card and insert it the active CPU CF card slot and performed EDD. or maybe leave it there until the midnite routine happen and perform EDD on the RMD. Is this possible? will the 32gb sandisk CF card work or a lower CF card is accepted. Thanks

I don't think so, it doesn't really mention it in the NTP but I am sure it was around 2Gb max. The reason I mention formatting and copying a file is then you would know if its going to work.

hi bignose21. I will try to get a sandisk 2gb CF card and try to create a database backup of the cs1000. many thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back