Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CESID Tell me about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

acskmk

Programmer
Apr 26, 2011
US
Has anyone out there setup CESID on the Mitel 3300. We are primarily a very mobile environment with hot desk users and ip devices only. We do have a NENA ID and the standard level of ALI database setup with the PSAP. We are interested in identifying users by device and location for an added layer of emergency notification. We are thinking of implementing on the directory number level and possibly the L2 mapping but our vendor does not have any idea how this is setup or where to start. I am assuming that a block of available DID numbers would be necessary and then become the CESID that is assigned to each directory number. Please let me know if any of you have any thoughts or comments on this. Appreciated!

For MiNet IP devices:

L2 to CESID Mapping form (CESID associated with a device)

CESID Assignment form (CESID associated with a Directory Number)

Zone CESID field in the Network Zones form (CESID associated with a zone)

Default CESID form (default CESID associated with the whole system)

I had a customer implement a solution like what you are asking for. Initially they tried using existing DID's for the CESID number but that did not go well to say the least. (I wasn't involved at that point).

They ended up purchasing 400 additional DID's specifically for 911 location not so much for the PSAP but for their own internal purposes, They have the Emergency Advisor product from Mitel that detects the call and sends out emails specifying the internal location that the call was made.

Eventually the 400 DID's went bye bye as the system was being spammed with autodialers and the cut it back to 6 external DID's, 1 for each building, and they now need to lookup locations in a directory based on extension numbers.

With their system they automatically allocate CESID numbers based on the L2 switch they plug into.

What's most important is that you realise ... There is no spoon.

Thanks for the info kwbMitel:) That was our first inclination but considering the level of effort required to implement it we wanted to put this out there to get some thoughts. The only trouble with the L2 mapping that I can see is that there are some switches we don't manage on the network. I did see the ER advisor though I think it should be built-in that may be of interest. Thanks again.

It's a royal pain in the rear to set up, but once you have it programmed properly the biggest headaches you'll have is keeping the L2 ports updated if you change out the network switches.

Thanks Lundah..I can see that being an issue. All good information. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back