Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Certification

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trudye

Programmer
Sep 4, 2001
US
Hi VB'ers:

I was wondering since MS has eliminated the MCSD for VB 6 what are the alternatives? Of course that is outside of taking the VB.NET certification which requires taking 3 exams.

Has anyone heard of Brainbench? Has anyone found a certification from them useful or even accepted in the job market? Is there another company out there that is better?

Thanks
Trudye

i'd be ineterested in an answer to this as well, I've recently been wanting to get certified, but just my luck everything's changed when i actually buckle down to do it.

The one constant in this industry is change. Don't back away from taking the VB.net exams. If you are going to continue to program in VB then .Net is where you want to do it. Microsoft is not going to go backwards.

Microsoft Certifications are known in the industry an thus are very recognizable. (Please no posts on discussing how valuable they are)

There are many places where you can get a .Net certifiction including University extention Services. But if you want the one people will recognize. MCSE , MCSD , MCDBA then take the time to move to the next level. It is worth it.

DotNetDoc
M.C.S.D.
---------------------------------------

Tell me and I forget. Show me and I remember. Involve me and I understand.
- Anonymous Chinese Proverb
-----------------------------------
If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough.
- A. Einstein

MCAD

[fish] No Dolphins were harmed in the posting of this message... Dolphin Friendly Tuna!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back