Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

certification plan B! 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

techneek

Technical User
Mar 25, 2007
US
hello everyone and thanks for the help!
i found that to attend a credited nortel training facility or recieve home study material to obtain a certification in nortel option 11c could run upwards of 5,000 dollars!
plan B. is to just purchase the manuals,some inexpensive test prep software and the additional 150.00 for the exam thats of course if i can pass it the first time!(how many chances to pass are you allowed?)

so far i have found a testing location,a company providing (what they say will guarantee i pass the test) study guide but what i cannot locate is complete set of manuals!,i have tryed,the mart,telcom gear,e-bay,every conceivable on-line book store! what am i missing? outside of the classroom are those books unavailable?

I think what you're missing is upwards of $5,000.00...

;-) sorry. I can't help being a smarta$$ on occasion.

or if you have a logon for Nortelnetworks.com you can download every conceivable document for every piece of equipment Nortel offers.

The manuals themselves don't help you like a study guide. I have alot of manuals for the Meridian but you can't study those for the test.

JohnThePhoneGuy

"If I can't fix it, it's not broke!

i think you can study the manuals for the test. as long as you give yourself enough time.. about 10 years would be right.. have you found any practice test? one of the techs here may be interested. and you can take the test once a month for 20 years if you want.. if i was trying to study for the test i would take one prior to spending a lot of time on the books.. know what you need to study is half the battle.. thet test working is insane, knowing the answer is the easy part.. trying to understand the question provides the challenge

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back