Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Certification Authority

Status
Not open for further replies.

maoredi

Technical User
Feb 27, 2007
CA
Hello

I have a problem with the server that is acting internaly as an Certification Authority.
When I am trying to connect from another computer to assign to that specific computer (ISA) a new certificate I can not connecto to that website. It is asking me for the password for admin , which I have it but it looks like is not working.
If i put instead of the netwbios nam of the server I put the Ip address it is accepting the person. I can connect and create a new certificate but when it comes to instal the web listener for the ISA it say that there is not certificate installed on this computer even though I am doing this.
Any ideas

To get a certificate for a server, login to that server with a domain level admin account. Then, open IE and go to
That is the web-enrollment tool for certificates. If you get prompted for login or cannot login, then that usually means that your IIS permissions on the cert server are not correct. The certsrv vitual directory can be recreated on the cert server by running a certain command using "certutil".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back