Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Certificate updates 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bpACH

Technical User
Nov 9, 2006
CA
Hello,

We have a Vista that whenever they try to connect to certain websites, the get the following error:

SSL Error61:You have not chosen to trust "VeriSign Class 3 Secure Server CA", the issuer of the server's security ceritificate.

Is there a way to get this certificate added to Vista's list of trusted certificates? I can't find the root certificate update for Vista.

Certificate Support and Resulting Internet Communication in Windows Vista

Update for Windows Vista (KB932156)

Quote from "Expert Exchange" forum.

....can also be set in Group Policy (or Local Security Policy):
"Computer Configuration\Administrative Templates\System\Internet Communication Management " - "Turn off Automatic Root Certificates Update". Also in the same area double check the settings for "Restrict Internet communication" which is a master control switch for everything in that section.

If nothing else, you should be able to get the root chain from the company's website and install that directly - if you can't find it email their tech support or check the knowledgebase".

I saw a few comments involving Citrix, is that something you are using?

Thanks. Downloading the patch fixed the problem on the machine I did testing with.

The error showed up when users try to connect to a web citrix session through our vpn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back