Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Certificate Services - Cannot get SUB CA to start

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elway7

MIS
Apr 5, 2002
CA
I am trying to set up the following environment: Standalone Root CA and Enterprise Sub CA, both running windows 2008 R2 core.

To set up the ROOT CA i have done the following:

Install the Certificate Services Roll by typing the following at the command line:
Cscript C:\Windows\System32\setupca.vbs /IS /sn RootCA /sp "RSA#Microsoft Software Key Storage Provider" /sk 2048 /sa SHA256 /SV 20

Run the following commands on the ROOT CA to set the issuing validity period to 20 years
certutil -setreg ca\ValidityPeriod "Years"
certutil -setreg ca\ValidityPeriodUnits "20"
net stop certsvc & net start certsvc

Install the CRL List in Active Directory by running the following commands
Certutil –setreg ca\DSConfigDN “CN=Configuration, DC=Test,dc=local”
Certutil –setreg ca\DSDomainDN “DC=Test,dc=local”

Net stop certsvc & net start certsvc
Certutil –dspublish –f “C:\windows\system32\CertSrv\CertEnroll\Root CA.crl”

For the SUB CA I run the follwoing command:
Cscript C:\Windows\System32\setupca.vbs /IF /sn “Sub CA” /DN DC=DC=Test,dc=local /sp "RSA#Microsoft Software Key Storage Provider" /sk 2048 /sa SHA256 /OR "C:\CA\SUBReq.req"

I then submit the request to the ROOT CA and subsequently issue the pending request. When I try to accept the response using the certreq -accept command I get the following error:
“Certificate Request Processor: Cannot Find object or property”
and of course the SUB CA will not start as it does not have a vaild certificate. I have even tried to create a new certificate and although i can import it using the certreq -accept command the service will not start correctly.

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks in advance

Did you configure the CDP and AIA locations on your Root CA before signing the subordinate certificate? If so, are they in a location that is accessible from the Subordinate CA?

MCITP:Server Administrator
MCITP:Enterprise Administrator
MCITP:Virtualization Administrator 2008 R2
Certified Quest vWorkspace Administrator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back