Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Certain user cannot logon to the management console (CMC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

cost2311

Technical User
Aug 22, 2002
NL
I've created a group as Citrix Administrators in the CMC. I gave them custom rights so they can view sessions and are able to log off users. This worked for a while perfect. Since a few days they are no longer able to open the CMC. The messages "Failed to logon to the farm" appears. When i give the group full administration no problems. At the moment i change it to custom, no acces, even when i let all the boxes checked. The only thing i can think is that we installed SP3 WK2 last week.

Any one any suggestions?

Thanks,

Stephanie

Can you (dare you!) uninstall SP3? or do you have another server pre-SP3 you can use to check?

On a related note, I installed SP3 on one of my servers and rapidly uninstalled it after my printing started failing. I also suspect that group policies are no longer being applied correctly and now users get all sorts of security messages saying they can't change settings, etc. I wonder if you're seeing something similar. Domain Admins like me don't have a problem.

My SP2 server is fine.

You don't have a NetWare client on it by any chance? Just guessing, but mine seems to be a regular cause of grief.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back