Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cert Book to look forward too..... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Something to look forward too... Hertzenwerke will be publishing a book to help prepair for the VFP exams. Due out in Spring of 01 and written by Cindy Winegarden and Evan Delay.

If this book is like their others it is sure to be excellent.

[sig]<p>Tom Gahagan<br><a href=mailto:edrest@alltel.net>edrest@alltel.net</a><br><a href= > </a><br>REST<br>
<br>
If you get a chance to sit out or dance...<br>
I hope you dance. L Wommack[/sig]

I understand that hentzenwerke is now taking advance orders for this book!

Tom Gahagan
edrest@alltel.net

REST

If you get a chance to sit out or dance...

I hope you dance. L Wommack

Why pay in advance? I understand he just dropped one book he advertised and was taking advance orders on. John Durbin
john@johndurbin.com
MCP Visual FoxPro
ICQ VFP ActiveList #73897253

The first half of this book should be available sometime in the beginning of January '01, according to his latest press release.

It will be in .CHM format. Jon Hawkins
jonscott8@yahoo.com

The World Is Headed For Mutiny,
When All We Want Is Unity. - Creed

Just received this on the publication of the Hentzenwerke book.

We just received the last chapter and it's in copy edit now. We won't have a ship date until we deliver the manuscript to the printer and hear back from them. The books probably won't actually go in the mail until early April, but the final ebook (PDF) will be available in a couple of weeks.

Whil

I posted my above message above quite a while ago. Since then I've ordered hetzenwerke books and the personal service was outstanding from Whil. He rushed me my books right out that day although stupid UPS didn't come and said they did. Not his fault though. I see that you can download chapters as mentioned above before the delivery of the book so besides the great service Whil gives that's a good enough reason to preorder IMO. Anyways, felt I had to add this as I just checked this category for the first time in a while and saw my previous question/comment. I should also add that we (the VFP community) are fortunate to have an enthusiastic VFP publisher like Whil. John Durbin
MCP Visual FoxPro
ICQ VFP ActiveList #73897253

I guess I must be the odd one. I found the Visual FoxPro Certification Exam Study Guide no great source for preparation. I received my MCSD this year. I passed Visual Basic 6.0 Implementing Desktop Applications (176), Implementing Distributed Applications (175), the core 100, and finally passed 155 Distributed Applications for Visual FoxPro 6.0. After completing 175,176,100 first, I found the FoxPro Exams the most ambiguous. The Visual Basic Books I bought from Microsoft Press where the best. They guide you through the exam, have real world sample test. After failing the first time I used the Visual Basic for distributed applications to help me for the fox exam. Over my years in programming and all the books I have brought to help me explore the depths, I have found it very dependable to go for the ones published by Microsoft press.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back