Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

centrex/voicemail 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hopper123

Technical User
Apr 21, 2007
US

I'm a retired att tech. Ive been installing Avaya partner systems. One of my customers has centrex lines on a partner.
When they answer a call they would like to transfer that call to a persons voicemail box. Can we xfer from an inuse line to ITS voicemail? Thanks I think its a dms1000 office.

Are you using an on premise voicemail using SMDI? It depends on the voicemail system you have installed.
Octel has SMDI integrations. You could transfer to a master voicemail number, ## VMBOX HANGUP.
If you are using CENTREX voicemail on each line, cant you simply blind transfer the call to the number with rna to voicemail box?

Yes, they are using centrex VM. I don't understand "blind transfer to the number with rna." But it does sound like what they are looking for.

After rereading the post from SNSSMIS I see a snag. Lets say we answer a call on 4444 and want to transfer it to the mail box assigned to 4444, is this possible?
Thanks

I assumed you had a pool of numbers ringing in to a answering console. Most CENTREX voicemail I have worked with are tied to a user number not the main number. Attendants transfer call user and call forwards no answer to voicemail.

should have a separate line group to Pickup calls. You would not be on 4444. Why answer the call if it has voicemail?

Thanks, I think I'm now on the right path. Unfortunately I have to make a site visit. This is in a senior citizens center and they have a senior answering the phones, and it's hard to get reliable info out of them. We are all iced-in here so it might be awhile. I really do thank you for the info. The last switches I worked on had crossbars so I got just a little behind in the services offered by the telcos.
Sure is interesting though.

One other option would be to get a list of the Voice Mail box DID numbers, then make a list with both the Centrex and corresponding VM numbers. Then, all you have to do is transfer the call directly to the corresponding VM number, instead of transferring to the Centrex line and RNA to VM.

Just a thought...

....JIM....

I guess I was trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill.
They only have one vm box. The Avaya Partner system needed a
recall(transfer) button programmed so they can get a second dial tone then transfer to that line. I will follow up trying to find out what thier mail box number is, the ringing on the centrex line is a little annoying and I know someone will answer it sometime.

Thanks everybody.

Then you should program a button with "RP" and the telephone number, and label it as "Transfer to Voicemail"

R is Recall (flash)
P is Pause

You program the R by pressing SPKR, and the P by pressing HOLD

The user will press the button while speaking with the outside caller. The system will flash, pause, dial the number that is answered by voicemail. When it finishes and starts to ring, your user should hang up.

I like that feature! Now, if you could only do that with a CAS DS1 on the Partner... that would really be sweet!

....JIM....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back