Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CENTREX Transfer??

Status
Not open for further replies.

thephonelady

Vendor
Feb 27, 2004
US
I have a cust with a Partner ACS R7 & Partner Msg R7. If he sets up remote call fwd to his cell the transmission is extremely low( I know this is an unfixable issue do to DB level drops when using internal conferencing features) How does centrex transfer work & is this a good workaround??
Thanks in advance!!

Here there is such a thing as "off premise call transfer" which is basically the same as the centrex feature without having to buy the entire centrex feature package. But yes that is the the best option without buying conf. bridges and what not.
Basically flashes the line, dials the number and hangs up. obviously you will have to add pauses and what not, but should work.

Is T1 service an option? Partner ACS supports better forwarding to cells with T1.

T1 is a better option, but it costs $$$$. Remeber this is a Partner, not a Magix or better. The target customer is small business.
-Chris

just program a recall button and make sure the lines you are using have the call transfer capability and you'll be all set. This is how I have it set up at most of my facilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back