Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Centrex tranfer 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

voiped

Vendor
May 8, 2018
US
Ok I have an issue I have been working with Avaya TS on and seem to be getting nowhere. My Customer has Centrex lines and would like them to perform an assisted transfer through the auto attendant and transfer the call off the system. I can get it to work manually through the phone but when I try it through the AA I can hear the call through my test set flash, grab a second dial tone and dial a number but right after that the call drops and the centrex line calls back.

We originally installed Server edition but found out later this type of transfer is not supported. So it's now working on IPO 10.1.02 with Virtual App server. The telco orginally updated their centrex switch a while back and we had the same problem with the BCM but it was fixed by adding a pause after dialing so I'm told. I've tried following thread after thread on this site and the knowledge base and nothing seems to work. Anyone heard of this??

Thanks

I guess that the carrier switch is waiting for more digits for longer than the IP Office timeout before hanging up to complete the transfer.
Old fashioned CO switches will have already started ringing the target number, this is probably SIP (so much for the new technology...)

You could try adding some commas after the number on the AA config or just maybe adding a # at the end of the number to indicate to the carrier switch that you've finished dialling, before the IP Office hangup.

It is possible that the development team added a mechanism to modify the delay - but you'll have to fight with the Avaya TS person to get them to ask the developers...

Holy crap! It worked! In the assisted transfer box I input the 81XXXXXXX,,,,,,

Then Short code 8N;

Feature Flash Hook

Telephone number N

THANKS

You are right on it voip numpty same issue two years ago with Nortel bcm local telco was changing from Nortel dms switch to a new softswitch so the bcm would not work either until we added # to the dialing string to complete transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back