Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CentreVu IP Agent Ports

Status
Not open for further replies.

outjet

MIS
Aug 5, 2004
US
We're trying to get our firewall team to open up ports so we can use CentreVu IP Agent over VPN connections from home.

What TCP/UDP ports does CentreVu IP Agent use?

I see in the IP Agent Software that a range of at least 100 ports can be specified - does this need to be configured on the PBX end as well?

If you are using a VPN connection then you do not need any firewall ports opening, as long as your VPN gives you full access to the LAN.

Thank you for that information... Sadly, our highly cautious security team only opens up ports over the VPN that are explicitly known to be in use for a specific application.

If I could find out what ports the PBX needs to use, I can work up a request to get them opened...

It uses TCP 1720 and you can define a range of UDP ports on the network region screen.

Make sure ports 1719 and 1720 are open in both directions.
Also watch out for any virus protection software that may impede the software.
Make sure it works from the LAN before trying it out on the VPN.

Good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back