Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Centralized Voicemail Pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wally1775

MIS
Oct 22, 2002
US
Hello everyone. I have a situation where an SCN with Centralized Voicemail Pro has a node that is offline due to Sandy. So Centralized Voicemail Pro is located at site A, and site B is the site that is offline. Currently when users at site A dial an extension at site B, they get an Unobtainable message. Preferred behavior would be to get the voicemail for the site B user rather than the unobtainable message, and I thought this was what typically happened in the past. Unless I'm just missing something, I can't think of any way to get this desired behavior without temporarily creating those site B users at site A until power is restored to the location, which is expected to be some time in December. This is a 6.1 system, any thoughts?

you need to set an unreachable destination for site b whether it be a forward if busy or set them all as DND.

Thanks for your reply. Site B is offline, I can't make any changes to the users there.

Remove the trunk to site B

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Wouldn't removing the trunk to Site B create the same scenario? The users don't exist on the local system, so there is no match for the dialed digits. That being the case, I would expect an unobtainable message when dialing one of those extensions even with the trunk removed, no? Removing the trunk will require a reboot, and rebooting the main location IP Office with 200+ users is difficult to make happen. If I do it, I have to make sure the result will be the desired one once complete.

True about that.
You could try to create a shortcode pointing to VM or create a startpoint for all those users with call status and point it there mailbox.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

so why don't you just tell users in site A to call direct to their voicemail rather than ringing their extension by using the #XXX VMCollect #N shortcode. this way they just dial #Extension number. alternatively if they insist on calling the same numbers, even though they know there is no phone plugged in, you can lower the dial delay count to less than extension number length and use similar short code above without the #.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back