Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Centralized Voicemail from Meridian 1 to Norstar

Status
Not open for further replies.

kvepps

Technical User
Mar 8, 2006
US
I have a Norstar 7.0 MICS that has been configured for centralized voicemail service from CS1K with a CallPilot system. The Norstar has the MCDN package to allow for centralized voicemail service.

So far calls come across to my Norstar and they go into the CS1K Callpilot and a message is left for the user. I can also retrieve the messages by dialing the CallPilot DN and enter the mailbox # and password.

However, the message waiting light does not light on the Norstar sets. CS1K has a PRI circuit to my Norstar and it does have the RCAP set for ND2 and MWI. Someone has told me that the CallPilot on the CS1K needs a package to allow for centralized (networked) voicemail services. Is this right?

Also, the customer would like to forward their phones to voicemail when not in the office. I tried this and it would not work. Currently, the callpilot voicemail DN is 3999. I set the Destination code to 3* (*=any). The route for 3* is configured as PRI-A and service type as private. However, if I press the call forward key and try to forward the phone to 3999, it informs me it is an external #. Should it be this if the route is indicating that it is a private #? I also noticed that if I want to program 3999 as an autodial number it has to be programmed as an external #.

Thanks

Ken

PNI on the route needs to match the PNI on the norstar.

Signature===========================================
Artificial Intelligence Is No Match for Natural Stupidity.

The latest survey shows that 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

Red meat is not bad for you, it is the green fuzzy meat that is bad.

Totally normal for it to appear as external call on Norstar. You just need to have "Allow Redirect to "Y" in the **config programming, as well as Ftr*1 to add x3999.

Adversity is Opportunity

To get the message light to work you have to program a target line on the phone with received digits of the ext also turn on msg on the line and under telco features of each set for the target line assign to that phone

Also set the message waiting dn to match the ext on the mics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back