Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Centralized Voice Mail

Status
Not open for further replies.

SysTool

Technical User
Jan 25, 2009
US
I have 3 MICS systems all linked together with T1 PRI's I have the MCDN Keycodes. Each location has its own Voicemail and are operated as stand alone, cannot transfer messages from one system to the other. ! location has a 2 port flash the othe 2 locations have callpilot 150's.

I would like to implement Centralized voicemail and need any advise available. One of my main questions is, can I still use callpilot of flash to do some call processing at the end loc's? How will I forward lines to AA at all locations?

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Centralized Voice Mail is to have 1 voice mail unit for all sites.

From CP150 3.1 CallPilot Manager Set Up and Operation Guide:

Requirements for using Centralized Voicemail
All Norstar systems that use Centralized Voicemail require:
• The Norstar systems must be using MICS with software version 6.0 or later.
• The CallPilot 150 system must be using software version 2.0 or later.
• The Norstar systems must be connected in a private network that is created using SL-1
(MCDN) lines.
• The dialing plan of the private network must be CDP (Coordinated Dialing Plan).
Configuring your system for Centralized Voicemail
Refer to your Norstar MICS Installation Guide for how to configure your CallPilot 150 system for
Centralized Voicemail.
Configuring your CallPilot 150 system
Configuring your CallPilot 150 system involves:
• “Enabling External Initialization, Redirect DN and network transfers” on page 160
• “Configuring lines to be answered by the Centralized Auto Attendant” on page 161
Note: You must have a PRI enabler keycode and an Advanced Private Networking
keycode for Private Networking.
Note: In the MICS documentation references to the NAM are also applicable to CallPilot

=----(((((((((()----=
curlycord

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back