Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Centralized Mail Disaster

Status
Not open for further replies.

NARSBARS

Technical User
Nov 20, 2002
US
I am attempting to provide centralized mail from an option 11 over VoIP trunks to an 81 with CPilot 5.0. The option 11 has 5 digit extensions, the 81 has four digit extensions and the first four digits overlap. I can't figure out how to set a zero option in the remote site because all the CP does is put out the first four digits and connect to a local set. I am also required to implement only a dial 9 dialing pattern and can not have an AC1 & AC2.

This system has been on hold for six weeks and I am starting to pull my hair out. Any, Any, ideas welcomed.

NARSBARS

If the extensions overlap, how do you dial back and forth using CDP? Are you using a steering code? Do you have your mailbox length in CallPilot set to Variable instead of fixed?

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

I have not been getting my updates from tek-tips. Sorry to be late. We currently don't dial back and forth. The system accepts a five digit mailbox so that part works. It is the outdialing from CP that is the problem. It looks like I am going to have to buid a "dial 8" and create loc codes. I will have to insert the loc code whenever I dial from the CP to the remote location (revert DN).

The next issue is what happens when someone wants to xfer from a mbox by dialing 0 + ext?
I just know how much fun I am going to have.

NARSBARS

It sounds like your biggest problem is the fact that you currently do not dial between sites, and you need the CallPilot to be able to dial to either system.

You will need to implement some sort of CDP, whether or not you use AC2+LOC codes, or simply a steering code to the other site.

There is no other practical way to make the system do what you are trying. Whether or not you inform the users of the inter-site dialing plan is really up to you, but CallPilot requires it.

Thanks. I had come up with the need for the loc codes or the need for what could have been a massive CDP as I added locations. I have not turned it on........yet. I am trying to figure out how this is going to work when I ask for a transfer inside of a maibox....or if it will work at all.

NARSBARS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back