Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Central Management

Status
Not open for further replies.

toolbox212121

Technical User
Nov 18, 2010
US
First off let me explain my situation. I have about 12 servers that I run bakups on. They are all located at diffrent locations around the city. They all have either a single drive or an autoloader for backups and running version 10d. Is there a way I can make a central "admin" server so I can monitor jobs and create jobs from one server? I hate loggin in 12 times through RDP every morning to check the status and trouble shooting. Any help is appreciated. Please excuse my spelling errors.

They do have a Symantec Backup Exec 10d for Windows Servers Central Admin Server Option, but it has been discontinued. You would need to contact Symantec. I suspect they will tell you that you need to upgrade to the latest BE version of 2010 R3 which also has a central mgmt option.

:) Mo money, Mo money..... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back